Sunday, June 16, 2013

Where there's a will, there's a way...

I have some exciting news to share...

I WORK FOR LES MILLS NOW!!! :) :) :)

No, seriously... I work for freaking Les Mills.

So, for those of you who have been living under a rock for the past 5 years or so, that's about how long I've known about Les Mills.  I started taking their classes right after BODYATTACK 64 launched back in 2009.  I went from zero to diehard in about 30 seconds and began begging the club that I used to work for to hire me as a GFM.  Needless to say that didn't happen, and that's an entirely different post which will most likely never be written.  But what I will say is that experience taught me how bad I wanted it, and also what "it" was.  While I would've started out in that job with passion and enthusiasm, ultimately it would've ruined it for me.  I would've been forced to enforce policies that I didn't agree with against my friends, who would've in turn been pissed off at me.  I wouldn't have been able to teach as much... but more than any of that, I wouldn't have had that burning desire to get what I really wanted...

You know how sometimes you start out with 2 goals... well maybe even just 1.  You have that 1 that's what you really want... we'll call that goal A.  And then the other one is the one you decide to settle on wanting because you don't think that goal A is actually achievable?  We'll call that goal B.  That's how this became for me.  Goal A was always to work for Les Mills, goal B was if I could work in a facility that carried Les Mills programs.  It was a really long few years of trying and getting close, and then getting back to square one.  I learned a lot along the way. During those times when I was feeling hopeless and wanted to give up, I remembered the 200 pounds I lost and how you find a way when you think there isn't one.  You commit to making things happen and NEVER give up.  And I didn't.  And thanks to a very cool lady who is now my boss (hey Anne!), I was able to snag a totally awesome job that I'm now working.

This, of course, meant picking up and moving from Phoenix, AZ to Baltimore, MD.  I have been here for about a month now and the dust is sort of finally settling.  I just wanted to explain where I have been.  Although this blog was started with the intention of writing from an instructor's eyes, I will hopefully now have a second perspective with which to write.  I am excited to continue to spread the BODYATTACK love (I am finally starting to find some clubs to teach at), and also to have a platform to spread more love of all of our programs.

So that's my news, and where I've been the last few months.  Getting hired is a big process, but dammit... never quit and you WILL get there.

Kia Kaha!
-Chad

4 comments:

  1. What! Congrats! Consider yourself stalked, I started out seeing your posts on the BodyAttack forum on Les Mills website. So what do you do for them exactly?

    PS: I don't think you ever did post your BA 78 review. It's been my favorite of the 70's I think!

    PPS: I'd love to read the posts which shall most likely never be written!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations my friend! I too am a BA fanatic and have a similar goal, to work for Les Mills. I currently teach BP, CX, BV, and am Elite in BA. I'd be incredibly interested in hearing more about your story with hopes I can someday go to work for the best company in the world! I drive the cool-aid and I'm thirsty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's brilliant Chad! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing as it is an excellent post would love to read your future post
    engineering colleges in vadodara

    ReplyDelete