Saturday, January 1, 2011

1 down 364 to go, A note about Team Teaching

I hope everyone is having a fantastic January 1!!! I wanted to give kudos to everyone who had a successful first day of the new year and got a workout in. It was slightly bittersweet for me personally. For the past 5 months I taught my first ever class of my own, BodyPump, at noon on Saturdays. With a change in my work schedule, I have to take an extended break from teaching that class. So I went today, and my class was double the size it had been during the holidays. It was fun to see my regulars and get the workout in, but I will miss them! They sure are dedicated... I never set foot in a gym on Saturday until I got that class, save the occasional Saturday morning Attack class.

On top of it all, I've been sick the past 3 days, and I could definitely feel my body's lack of energy. I was pretty drained by track 4, and dying during 7. But guess what folks - I did it! You did it... We did it! Whatever your story, whatever the thing that could've easily derailed you on day 1, you fought past it and made it happen! For those of who you didn't, you still have 7 hours or so (at least from where I'm sitting!) Get up and make something happen!

I'll be posting some more factual and helpul things specific to BodyAttack here coming up, but I wanted to take a second and talk about something that's been bugging me for a long time. For those of who you are lucky enough to have your own classes, and have people ask to team teach with you, do everyone a courtesy and give a response. Even if you say no, that's far less frustrating then getting no answer at all. It's darn rude. I personally have altered or rearranged plans to allow for the option to teach, only to not receive any response. As far as my end goes, I obviously no longer do that. But really... just take a second and say "Thanks but I'm good to go for the week." Or whatever. Common courtesy is never wasted, and very much appreciated.

Happy New Year!

1 comment:

  1. Happy New Year! Thanks for your continued inspiration!!! Hope 2011 is all you are dreaming of! Big hugs to you! :)

    ReplyDelete